Problem receiving some frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulm1114

I was just given an old scanner from a co-worker (Uniden Bearcat BC200XLT) but for some reason some of the frequencies for surrounding police departments do not come in (just occasional squelch on those frequencies.) The local airport and weather frequencies come in just fine.
I am sure the frequencies are correct and in use cause I listen to them via broadcast.com.

Can anyone assist with this please?

Thank you,

Paul M.

wtp

but first..

how do you know what frequency broadcastify is using?

everyone here will want to know what you are trying to listen to, like what state, county, town etc.
then someone local might be available to help with active frequencies.
you did check the database at the top of the page right?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
That radio is old technology, circa 1988. The system you are trying to hear is probably trunked and/or digital, both of which that scanner can not track. The scanner used for the feed is probably state of the art.

paulm1114

The 3 frequencies I'm trying to listen to are local PD stations from 3 surrounding towns.
Merrimack, NH - 155.550
Litchfield, NH - 154.905
Bedford, NH - 155.310

The station I listen to on broadcast.com scans these three stations continuously and tells you the name of the town and frequency when one of them is transmitting. This is where I got the frequencies from.

Thank you,

Paul M.

N8IAA

I was just given an old scanner from a co-worker (Uniden Bearcat BC200XLT) but for some reason some of the frequencies for surrounding police departments do not come in (just occasional squelch on those frequencies.) The local airport and weather frequencies come in just fine.
I am sure the frequencies are correct and in use cause I listen to them via broadcast.com.

Thank you,

Paul M.

As good as most of are at this hobby, we're not mind readers:) New members really need to give the location that they are monitoring so we can answer their question/questions.
Larry

SCPD

QRT
Where 'yat?

Thank you,

Paul M.

What cities/townships are you trying to listen to?
We can look them up on the database and let you know if you can receive those on a BC200XLT, and how to program the radio to do it.

wtp

sol

after looking-up the towns i see that they are p-25
that is digital. you did not mention that you just hear a buzzing sound which is all an analog radio would get.
seems you have to move to the digital age to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.