Pro96 scanning help

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8stone

I have a weird issue. I have a few banks open and things scan good til it hit bank 4 then its stays on that bank and doesn't lock on anything and stays scanning bank 4. If I lock out bank 4 everything works fine. Any ideas what to do?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah I have seen that. You have a frequency that in that bank the radio doesnt like.
I had the problem with the marine band, see -
http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...82-pro-96-marine-band-locks-up-wont-scan.html

Yeah what do you have in there? Way I found it was to manually program in every frequency in and note what frequency gets displayed, if it wasnt the same as I typed in that was one that it didnt like. At the that link I found two like that for the marine band.

DickH

I have a weird issue. I have a few banks open and things scan good til it hit bank 4 then its stays on that bank and doesn't lock on anything and stays scanning bank 4. If I lock out bank 4 everything works fine. Any ideas what to do?

When it stops on Bank 4 there should be a frequency displayed. Can't you just lock out that freq. or delete it?

n8stone

When it stops on Bank 4 there should be a frequency displayed. Can't you just lock out that freq. or delete it?

That's the weird thing. It didn't display one. It would scan bank 1,2,3 then hit 4 and wouldn't leave. If I locked out all other banks then it would say Bank 4 had all channels locked out. Which wasn't the case. Also if I turned the squelch all the way where it normally would stop it wouldn't. So I tried reentering everything and still had the issue so I ended up formatting the scanner and deleting that bank in arc96 then entered everything back it and it worked again. Not sure what the issue was. But then I had issues hearing my apco 25 rebanded city but found out my channels were messed up. So everything is in good working order again.

Thanks a bunch guys for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.