RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > New User / Getting Started Forum

New User / Getting Started Forum The place for new users to discuss how to get started, and generally feel safe from the rest of the rabid technical community. If you just got your first scanner, this forum is for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 10:25 PM

Default Pro96 scanning help

I have a weird issue. I have a few banks open and things scan good til it hit bank 4 then its stays on that bank and doesn't lock on anything and stays scanning bank 4. If I lock out bank 4 everything works fine. Any ideas what to do?
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Yeah I have seen that. You have a frequency that in that bank the radio doesnt like.
I had the problem with the marine band, see -
Pro 96 Marine band locks up, wont scan

Yeah what do you have in there? Way I found it was to manually program in every frequency in and note what frequency gets displayed, if it wasnt the same as I typed in that was one that it didnt like. At the that link I found two like that for the marine band.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8stone View Post
I have a weird issue. I have a few banks open and things scan good til it hit bank 4 then its stays on that bank and doesn't lock on anything and stays scanning bank 4. If I lock out bank 4 everything works fine. Any ideas what to do?
When it stops on Bank 4 there should be a frequency displayed. Can't you just lock out that freq. or delete it?
Old 10-05-2013, 3:02 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

In my case, no it did not display just locks on and stays stuck.
Old 10-05-2013, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickH View Post
When it stops on Bank 4 there should be a frequency displayed. Can't you just lock out that freq. or delete it?
That's the weird thing. It didn't display one. It would scan bank 1,2,3 then hit 4 and wouldn't leave. If I locked out all other banks then it would say Bank 4 had all channels locked out. Which wasn't the case. Also if I turned the squelch all the way where it normally would stop it wouldn't. So I tried reentering everything and still had the issue so I ended up formatting the scanner and deleting that bank in arc96 then entered everything back it and it worked again. Not sure what the issue was. But then I had issues hearing my apco 25 rebanded city but found out my channels were messed up. So everything is in good working order again.

Thanks a bunch guys for your help!
Sponsored links