UV-B6 & images for my region?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COM19pr

Premium Subscriber
recently purchased a UV-B6 and replaced the stock antenna with a Diamond RH771 and downloaded/imported an image for my area into the radio.

but rarely if ever hear any chatter on this radio on any of the frequencies.

is there something i can config or work on so i can actually listen to some stuff with this radio?

tia

ermin

recently purchased a UV-B6 and replaced the stock antenna with a Diamond RH771 and downloaded/imported an image for my area into the radio.

but rarely if ever hear any chatter on this radio on any of the frequencies.

is there something i can config or work on so i can actually listen to some stuff with this radio?

tia

Hello

We need a lot more info than this. What city and what frequencies you are listening to. You might have better answers if you post this in your regional forum (state that you live in).
For example that radio would not work at all in my area as it is all 800 Mhz systems here.

Keep on trying and asking. This is a GREAT site and you'll find someone that can help you.

Ermin

COM19pr

Premium Subscriber
Hello

We need a lot more info than this. What city and what frequencies you are listening to. You might have better answers if you post this in your regional forum (state that you live in).
For example that radio would not work at all in my area as it is all 800 Mhz systems here.

Keep on trying and asking. This is a GREAT site and you'll find someone that can help you.

Ermin

i'm in las vegas.

i did hear the NOAA report so i do get that.

i downloaded and uploaded the vegas area image.

see, i already just learned something. i didn't even know that about what freq would would here. so there are regional forums here too? ok thanks, i'll lool there too. ;-) you can tell i'm new, yes?

here are a few freq's, i doubt you want me to list them all here that were included in that download.

ermin

i'm in las vegas.

i did hear the NOAA report so i do get that.

i downloaded and uploaded the vegas area image.

see, i already just learned something. i didn't even know that about what freq would would here. so there are regional forums here too? ok thanks, i'll lool there too. ;-) you can tell i'm new, yes?

here are a few freq's, i doubt you want me to list them all here that were included in that download.

OK

I'm in Florida so I'm not sure what's used there. Your freqs are listed BUT I see a trunked system listed for your area so what you have programmed might not be used any more.

When you can check in the Nevada forum. They'll get you going.

Good Luck and don't give up. Also, If your not a ham get your license. That radio will work on some of the Ham bands. I have a UV5R and really enjoy it.

Ermin

COM19pr

Premium Subscriber
OK

I'm in Florida so I'm not sure what's used there. Your freqs are listed BUT I see a trunked system listed for your area so what you have programmed might not be used any more.

When you can check in the Nevada forum. They'll get you going.

Good Luck and don't give up. Also, If your not a ham get your license. That radio will work on some of the Ham bands. I have a UV5R and really enjoy it.

Ermin

thanks Ermin. yeah, i posted over at the NV area. waiting for a reply. i am studying to take the Tech exam. since i'm having fun with this, looks like i'm here to stay.
thanks

N8IAA

Since you are a new user, I'm sure that you didn't check the RR database to see that the Las Vegas PD is on an OpenSky trunked system which can't be heard on any scanner or ham radio. You can leave the frequencies in the radio to see if they ever simulcast on them. (Highly unlikely).
HTH,
Larry

COM19pr

Premium Subscriber
Since you are a new user, I'm sure that you didn't check the RR database to see that the Las Vegas PD is on an OpenSky trunked system which can't be heard on any scanner or ham radio. You can leave the frequencies in the radio to see if they ever simulcast on them. (Highly unlikely).
HTH,
Larry

no i didn't check that, didn't even know it existed until now. didn't even know where to look to find that. i just started studying and tinkering with this. the CHIRP sw went out to RR and downloaded the freq's.

why are the freq's avail for my area for download to my radio then?

Status
Not open for further replies.