a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

noamann

Hello,
I am pretty new in this field and I have a few questions:
1. I am thinking of buying Chinese scanner of "WOUXUN"-KG-VUD1P. Will it really work to me as a scanner?
2. If the description of this proudct says that the ragne of it can get up to 6 miles, the meaning is that it can connnect to the nearest anntena by range of 6 miles or that i can hear only voices transmitting in range of 6 milies from me?
3. If this is not a product for radio scanning, what Chinese product for radio scanning do you recommend me? (This is Important to me that I will be able to buy it online from Chinese sites).

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
The chinese transceivers are, as stated transceivers, and not scanners. They are extremely POOR at scanning. Go down to the Uniden or GRE section and post there with what frequencies, services, and area you are wanting to scan.

WB4CS

If you are looking for a radio that only receives (does not transmit like the Wouxun you mentioned) take a look at scanner master: Scanner Master - Police Scanners by Uniden Bearcat, AOR and Radio Shack. As robertmac mentioned, you'll need to know what type of system you'd like to listen to so that you'll know what type of scanner to use.

I'm not aware of any Chinese brand scanners (receivers only), maybe someone can help you out if you specifically must order from China.

Lastly, welcome to RR forums! :)

N8IAA

Hello,
I am pretty new in this field and I have a few questions:
1. I am thinking of buying Chinese scanner of "WOUXUN"-KG-VUD1P. Will it really work to me as a scanner?
2. If the description of this proudct says that the ragne of it can get up to 6 miles, the meaning is that it can connnect to the nearest anntena by range of 6 miles or that i can hear only voices transmitting in range of 6 milies from me?
3. If this is not a product for radio scanning, what Chinese product for radio scanning do you recommend me? (This is Important to me that I will be able to buy it online from Chinese sites).

noamann, welcome to RR. One thing I truly wish is that new members read the sticky on posting your location. It makes it easier to help when we know where you live, and what you intend to monitor. The Wouxon radios are meant for ham radio applications, not as scanners. Not that some use them that way. I own a UVD1P, and it makes a lousy scanner.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.