Joing the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeguard91

Hi everyone. New to the forum. I recently joined the portable scanner family with the purchase of my Uniden BC346XT scanner. Scheduled to arrive within a week. Can't wait to get home for thanksgiving break to check it out. I use a Realtek Pro 2004 at home but this one I will use up at school. How was everyone's first experience with a trunk tracking scanner?

Last edited:

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I first got a trunk tracker when the BC780xlt hit the market. I could not grasp how a trunked system worked until I downloaded some software and could see everything in front of me.

RadioReference makes things easy with a Premium membership. You can download what you are interested into your software and then transfer it to your scanner. If you are not interested in purchasing a membership you can input the frequencies/ Talk-Groups, alpha-tags and other system information into your software- a little more time consuming, but not the end of the world.

Enjoy your new scanner!

lifeguard91

Ok cool. Thanks. I won't be home until Friday so I will just have to wait until then. In terms of programming it, I think I may just play around with it first to try and learn and if I cant get it, I will use the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.