scanner sticks on channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I have a pro 106 scanner and it has started to stop on channels with no activity. The channels are on a Motorola type 2 smartzone system. They didn't do this until recently, and the channels are silent with no noise when it stops. Any ideas?

jfhtm350

What system is it?
Does it stop on the same frequency every time and what is the frequency(s)?
Do you have a wildcard programmed in?
Does it show a talkgroup Id when it stops?

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Its the 700-800 Motorola type 2 system for franklin county public safety. It seems to be almost any channel, and no I don't have wildcard setup.

jfhtm350

There is a:
Franklin Co Public Safety
Franklin County Public Safety Trunking System, Columbus, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies
And a:
Franklin Co Public Service:
Franklin County Public Service Trunking System, Columbus, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

I assume your saying its the first one. Seems kind of strange to have two separate systems for the county since there are not many hills there. There is Sheriff on both systems. Write down the talkgroup(s) and frequency(s) it happens on and paste them here. If they are not in the frequency list on the systems page then your T-Tables are wrong.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
There is a:
Franklin Co Public Safety
Franklin County Public Safety Trunking System, Columbus, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies
And a:
Franklin Co Public Service:
Franklin County Public Service Trunking System, Columbus, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

I assume your saying its the first one. Seems kind of strange to have two separate systems for the county since there are not many hills there. There is Sheriff on both systems. Write down the talkgroup(s) and frequency(s) it happens on and paste them here. If they are not in the frequency list on the systems page then your T-Tables are wrong.

The "Service" system is the older system and is used for Public Service, ae highway maintenance, etc. and is a backup for the safety system, that is why you see sheriff tgs.

OP - THIS SYSTEM RECENTLY REBANDED - HAVE YOU UPDATED YOUR PROGRAMMING?

ALSO BE SURE YOUR SQUELCH IS TURNED UP.

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I have a pro 106 scanner and it has started to stop on channels with no activity. The channels are on a Motorola type 2 smartzone system. They didn't do this until recently, and the channels are silent with no noise when it stops. Any ideas?

Have you applied the custom trunking tables for rebanding?

What you are seeing is one symptom of a rebanded system using the wrong trunking tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.