RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > New User / Getting Started Forum

New User / Getting Started Forum The place for new users to discuss how to get started, and generally feel safe from the rest of the rabid technical community. If you just got your first scanner, this forum is for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 7:58 AM

Default BCD996XT and Ohio MARCS

I just acquired the 996xt and loaded up Freescan and programmed all the sites with frequencies and talk-groups for my area in NE Ohio but cannot get anything on the Ohio MARCS system. I have conventional frequencies working but cannot get anything else. I even downloaded from another 996xt with freescan the same MARCS system I want but when I put it into my scanner it still does not work. I am guessing there is one setting that I am missing but I have been all over the different settings and cannot get it.
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

nk521, I've moved your question to its own thread so the thread you posted in doesn't get cluttered up with people trying to troubleshoot two different problems for two different members.

To contact me please use the email function through my profile as I do not accept Private Messages.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 AM

You should go to the Ohio Forum where you can get info on this. MARCS has rebanded. The control channels in the current database are correct but you also need to upload custom band plan tables like here: Custom Band Plans - UtahRadio
Old 12-26-2013, 1:08 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm going to be programming one of my two 996XTs with the re-banded MARCS system info in the next couple days and will post any observed gotchas or tips. That scanner has the old MARCS system info still in place, so I might be able to modify what's already there.
Old 12-26-2013, 4:52 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
That scanner has the old MARCS system info still in place, so I might be able to modify what's already there.
Yes, just enter the new trunking tables and change the control channel frequencies and you will be good to go. No need to recreate new systems, just modify the existing information.

Mike

Providing ADS-B data from NW Ohio for http://www.flightradar24.com
Sponsored links