BCD996XT and Ohio MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nk521

I just acquired the 996xt and loaded up Freescan and programmed all the sites with frequencies and talk-groups for my area in NE Ohio but cannot get anything on the Ohio MARCS system. I have conventional frequencies working but cannot get anything else. I even downloaded from another 996xt with freescan the same MARCS system I want but when I put it into my scanner it still does not work. I am guessing there is one setting that I am missing but I have been all over the different settings and cannot get it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
nk521, I've moved your question to its own thread so the thread you posted in doesn't get cluttered up with people trying to troubleshoot two different problems for two different members.

N8YX

I'm going to be programming one of my two 996XTs with the re-banded MARCS system info in the next couple days and will post any observed gotchas or tips. That scanner has the old MARCS system info still in place, so I might be able to modify what's already there.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
That scanner has the old MARCS system info still in place, so I might be able to modify what's already there.

Yes, just enter the new trunking tables and change the control channel frequencies and you will be good to go. No need to recreate new systems, just modify the existing information.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.