FreeSCAN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
On the first page of RadioReference freescan download page you have to sign in then set up your country, state and county. When I say what county (I'm using statewide) it's suppose tell me what systems are available but I get nothing.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I don't know, it won't tell me
You should select your county, then check for available systems. Generally, trunked systems are listed under the county heading, with only a few exceptions. That will show you the systems that the database has listed as existing in your area.

starwtc

The only "trunked" system I found in KY is American Electric Power, is this the system you are downloading?

RonnieUSA

The only "trunked" system I found in KY is American Electric Power, is this the system you are downloading?

You are correct about AEP being the only trunked system in Northeast KY.
If they are close to the Ohio they might be able to also get the Ohio MARCS System, or if close to West Virginia, the West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) System.

Last edited:

starwtc

KY does not have a "statewide" system, that is why you don't see anything to download. I did find some trunked systems in Boone, Boyd, and a few other county's.

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry, I didn't see the other replies.. I can see by the replies that I should have tried the conventional system first and that is where I'm going now.

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
OK, I was downloading the conventional system and now it says it was unable to set wx. What is that? I tried doing a search on it, but nothing comes up.

RonnieUSA

There are only 2 listings in the database for Robertson County, That's the Sheriff, and Fire Dept. You might want to look at other Counties around You for things to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.