New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't really sure about where this should go, so I'm posting it right here. I resdie in the Greatter Seattle area and enjoy monitoring police, fire, and ambulance comms.

Equipment-wise, I have a BC340CRS in the storage that I bought when I didn't know which scanner to get. I previously had a RS PRO 164 but didn't like because it had those banks, couldn't do digital, and just wasn't urban area friendly. Now I own a BCD396XT portable scanner with wich I am very happy. I look forward to being a member of these forums.

And to the administrators, feel free to move this if I put it in teh wrong place by mistake.

Thank you.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the group. I think you will find any questions you may have answered in a timely manner and with the best advice going. There are no stupid questions. Jump in, join in. Enjoy.

pgnsucks

With the 396XT it might be a good idea to download FreeScan software (note the link appears down right now). Become a Premium Member it is not expensive I think $30 for a year $15 for six months. Then if you have a computer and serial/USB adapter you can download everything you need from the site.

That's what I did I just let my subscription expire but it's easier to just download from the site.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. Truth is, I made this account years ago, and didn't even know I could use it to access the forums. Had I known that, I would've started posting a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.