Keyboard Shortcut; Select Items in Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWingBoy

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

I hope your New Year is off to a great start.

I've been out of the loop for a few years. I think I remember there's a keyboard shortcut to select a block of vertical data in Radio Reference, for instance just frequencies or just alpha tags, to copy the data over to scanner software, in my case ARC-162. All I can do now is sweep the pointer over the data but that selects all the other columns as I do. This or copy cell by cell ... needless to say that takes quite a while for trunked systems.

Thanks Everyone!

Gene Harriman

Last edited:

RDGDigital

I don't know of a way to do this since it is an HTML table. I believe there may be a Chrome extension that has this ability but I'm not sure.

The way I handle it is to copy the whole table to an Excel Spreadsheet and then I can select just the column(s) I want. Having the data in a spreadsheet allows me to manipulate the data before copying it into the scanner software. e.g., I can remove trunk groups I don't want or rename alpha tags before copying. I can also rearrange columns so that they are in the same order as needed by the scanner software. This way I can copy several columns at once into the scanner software.

Status
Not open for further replies.