need help uploading freq database to my home patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugercpl

Premium Subscriber
Hello, i have a HP1 and I'd like to download my local freq database from RR to it. Actually I used to be knowledgable on how-to years ago but i have forgotten it all since i moved a few years ago and havent been active with it. I have updated all the firmware and Sentinel software. I just bought a premium subscription to RR and i have the 7 day trial of the ARC software (if i even need that).

I figured out how to download the database. it saves to my desktop as a Windows file. Im not sure how to get it onto the HP1 now. Sorry if this is a real newb question.

Id also like to add on a few extra freqs to the database list once its in my HP1. I need help knowing how to manually enter freqs to the database list on my scanner so it scans those freqs right along with the database at the same time. thanks for your help

dmg1969

I just got a Homepatrol and started using it over the weekend.

You need to have the HP-1 connected to your computer via the USB cable. Then, using Sentinel software, download the newest database. Then write it to the HP-1.

Hello, i have a HP1 and I'd like to download my local freq database from RR to it. Actually I used to be knowledgable on how-to years ago but i have forgotten it all since i moved a few years ago and havent been active with it. I have updated all the firmware and Sentinel software. I just bought a premium subscription to RR and i have the 7 day trial of the ARC software (if i even need that).

I figured out how to download the database. it saves to my desktop as a Windows file. Im not sure how to get it onto the HP1 now. Sorry if this is a real newb question.

Id also like to add on a few extra freqs to the database list once its in my HP1. I need help knowing how to manually enter freqs to the database list on my scanner so it scans those freqs right along with the database at the same time. thanks for your help

N8IAA

Believe it or not, you don't need a premium subscription to RR to get the database for the HP using Sentinel. Sentinel is the only way to get updates and upgrades from Uniden and RR.
Arc-Patrol gives you a few extras, but can't be used to upgrade firmware and DSP.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.