new user needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsmith513

Premium Subscriber
I need help bad, idk how to program this dang thing and I don't have internet access besides my phone and if I did the cable that comes with this don't fit the computer, I have all the codes just don't know how to enter them, I'm bout to pull my hair out!

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I need help bad, idk how to program this dang thing and I don't have internet access besides my phone and if I did the cable that comes with this don't fit the computer, I have all the codes just don't know how to enter them, I'm bout to pull my hair out!

What scanner are you trying to program? I will try to help if I can.

Tsmith513

Premium Subscriber
What scanner are you trying to program? I will try to help if I can.

It's the BCD396XT I got codes entered but the only thing that works it the analog fire signal, I don't have internet besides my phone and the cable won't fit into my laptop for the freescan thing

dmg1969

Yes...knowing which scanner you have, where you are and what system you are trying to program would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tsmith513

Premium Subscriber
It's the bcd396 xt and I'm wanting to get the digital police to work I'm not for sure what system that os

Tsmith513

Premium Subscriber
I just went to best buy and bought a cord for this computer, how do I do the free scan thing is it pretty simple or kinda hard

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Cable for scanner

If you bought the cable at Best Buy, it is probably not the right one. The plug that goes into the BCD396xt radio is a proprietary design, and if you bought a mini or micro usb, you will ruin the connector trying to force it to fit.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The plug that goes into the BCD396xt radio is a proprietary design

It's a mini USB Hirose connector which can be ordered from several companies. Not proprietary at all but probably not available at your local electronics shop.

Tsmith513

Premium Subscriber
It's the cable that allows me to hook the cable from the scanner in to the compeer because the VGA that comes with it is a male, on the laptop it's also a male I bout a female to USB hook up to do it, how ever the free scan won't read the scanner, I'm a not to say screw it and just take it back, who knows why the hell they have to make it so damn complicated anymore

Tsmith513

Premium Subscriber
I finally figured it out now just need to try and figure out how to get everything loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.