How do I get scanner to scan system downloaded from Freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw88rtc

Premium Subscriber
Trying to program a Uniden BCD996XT. I've downloaded a system from Freeware, but can't get scanner to actually scan that system. I have another county already programed in scanner, which is scanning fine. (Someone else set that up for me.) I needs some advice on what to do with a system in the scanner after it's downloaded from freeware. I'm a neewbie to this, so please keep it basic.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
What system did you download, and from where, RadioReference.com? Are you saying you downloaded the system into the freeware program FreeScan? If so, you'll simply need to save the FreeScan file created by the system download, and upload to the scanner once connected to your computer via the supplied cable. You should then have both the new and previously programmed systems in the 996.

mw88rtc

Premium Subscriber
I've downloaded Tompkins County into freescan and the uploaded that into the scanner. But scanner does not seem to read the new system. I'm a bit confused.

N8IAA

I've downloaded Tompkins County into freescan and the uploaded that into the scanner. But scanner does not seem to read the new system. I'm a bit confused.

I understand:) I didn't have a clue until a friend sent me one of his programs, and the light came on in my head.
Go back into the program and make sure that you enabled the Quick Key for the system, and the Group Keys for the different PD's and FD's in the system. They will be at the top of the screen for each of the groups you want to monitor.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.