Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9IN

My name is Glenn from WI & I just got back into SWL listening. I recently purchased a Sangean ATS 909X. At this time I have no HF amateur radio equipment but I'm known to frequent 2 meter & 440 FM. I've already found some interesting utility, numbers & broadcast stations which I'll list in due time on the correct forum if they're not already listed. . Since I normally arise at about 1030 UTC it's interesting to watch the bands increase in frequency throughout the day, something I did when I did a lot of ham DXing. I've been a licensed Ham Radio Operator since 1966 & hold an Advanced Class ticket.

My next project is stringing some antennas but I'll wait until WI weather gets a bit nicer.

I also hang out on some Army sites which I moderate & some defensive shooting & carry sites. I'm a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment & hold a WI concealed carry license.

Glenn, KB9IN, MSG US Army, retired.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Welcome Glenn.

We have both a dedicated set of forums and even a wiki article or two with lots of links. Be sure to explore both (links are always blue)

HF / MW / LW Monitoring - The RadioReference.com Forums

HF - The RadioReference Wiki

Mailing lists and chats are the 2 ways that folks keep up with the news concerning schedules and such. The DXLD Yahoo group, run by Glenn Hauser, is one of the best for this. There are also websites that display schedules or even have several schedule sources condensed into one. Be sure to look closely at the dates when these sites update - the older they are, the less likely their information is fresh. Things are changing nearly daily in this world.

If you're into utilities then belonging to the UDXF Yahoo group is a very good way to keep up on this rather wide part of the hobby. There's also a small unofficial subsection of that group that's devoted to Numbers stations

See you down the road apiece...Mike

KB9IN

Thanks for the welcome & the info, Mike. I already found those links you provided. Google is my friend, lol. I also use that in my part time job as a private detective. It's amazing what you can find there. Glenn Hauser be the man when it comes to SWL radio info. I'm not sure if I first met him via Monitoring Times but I've known about him a long time. I used to contribute to that mag quite a lot between my Navy & Army time when I had a job that allowed SWLing all day +/- at work. Sad to say the two receivers I had, FRG 7700 & FRG 8800 stopped working within a half a year of each other. Those were great receivers at the time.

Good listening, & 73,

Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.