Getting back in the saddle in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

maideneddie

Premium Subscriber
I am a former radio enthusiast back in my teens. Now I am in my mid 30's and have blown the dust off of some of my stuff and am getting back into things. I was primarily into shortwave back in the the 90's, and have put my 2 radio's back into service. I must say I am shocked as to how the variety of stations has dropped off.

I slightly dabbled in scanner listening also in the early 90's with a cheaper Realistic desktop. Always enjoyed it but never really embraced it. My R-5000 has the VHF module installed and I started playing with it and quickly decided to do an upgrade since it is very limited. Well the upgrade has now brought me here. I went with a Uniden BCT15X, and obviously this is not my Radio Shack scanner from the early 90's. I am thinking that this will fill the void that shortwave is leaving me with since the dial is no longer as full. I believe this will also be my last baby step before I go for my amateur licence.

I look forward to picking your brains for knowledge and hopefully being able to share some of my own...

Status
Not open for further replies.