BCT15X No Display & FreeScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
The display quit working on my BCT15X soon after the warrenty ran out. Everytime I start virtual control in FreeScan the scanner defaults to scanning by state and not the custom channels I have programmed. My BCD996XT resumes scanning my custom lineup each time I choose virtual control. I made sure
PL — Local Police
DT — Department of Transportation
HP — Highway Patrol
BT — BearTracker
are all turned off.

Thanks,

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought , some GRE scanners (2096) lost the display and when opening up the scanner guys re-incerted the wide strip that looks like a "belt" and the readout returned....I take no responsibility for what happens but I do remember that trick.....

SCPD

QRT
BCT15X has an issue for some people where the ribbon cable that connects the front panel to the circuit board needs to be reseated....
Do at your own risk.
remove cover and carefully reseat the ribbon cable..
or have a electronics shop do it for you...
or if you don't need it right away send it into uniden... (takes about 3 to 4 weeks)

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys. I tried that trick. I think the display is toast. Once in a while it starts working for a bit and the whole screen starts filling up with black pixels, then it goes blank again..Real bummer because it was my first new radio in a number of years.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys. I tried that trick. I think the display is toast. Once in a while it starts working for a bit and the whole screen starts filling up with black pixels, then it goes blank again..Real bummer because it was my first new radio in a number of years.

Uniden's flat rate repair charge for that scanner is $49.50. Probably worth getting it repaired.

cpuerror

The display quit working on my BCT15X soon after the warrenty ran out. Everytime I start virtual control in FreeScan the scanner defaults to scanning by state and not the custom channels I have programmed. My BCD996XT resumes scanning my custom lineup each time I choose virtual control. I made sure
PL — Local Police
DT — Department of Transportation
HP — Highway Patrol
BT — BearTracker
are all turned off.

Thanks,

You can avoid this by going into the settings in FS and clearing the checkmark mark where it says "Force CCO Off". However, if you turn on control channel output at some point in the future it can cause problems connecting to FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.