Help Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamarah

Premium Subscriber
I purchased this scanner for my husband. I went to Radio Reference and bought a subscription along with the ARC software. I show it scanning but I can not receive any sound. His cheaper Nascar scanner is working perfect. Nothing works on this. I am just trying to get Jo Daviess, Il for him. Can someone please tell me what I need to do for it to work right? I am so frustrated spent a lot of money and can not use it.
Thanks
Tamara

captclint

Mentor
I purchased this scanner for my husband. I went to Radio Reference and bought a subscription along with the ARC software. I show it scanning but I can not receive any sound.
Welcome to RR. In ARC, if you go to Internet, RR, you can use your login to connect to the database, Next, pick your state and county,Then click on Conventional Freq. This will bring up all the things in the county, You can select only Jo Daviess, or other things of interest. Select Import, and these will load into ARC. Then, you can SEND all selected systems to scanner. Suggest you select "Delete all systems first" This should get you started.

Last edited:

tamarah

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I have done that but still can not get anything to tune in. I am so frustrated.

captclint

Mentor
Thank you. I have done that but still can not get anything to tune in. I am so frustrated.
Ok, lets be sure you can receive the weather.
You can turn on weather scan by holding on any channel/frequency and pressing Func then pressing and holding 0(wx). Scroll to 'Weather Scan' press E/yes. Press Scan to exit.

If you DO receive a weather station, then I am not sure what is wrong. Do you see the names of the systems scrolling by?

Status
Not open for further replies.