Regency Monitoradio/Executive Scanner M# ACT-E-10 H/L/U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullgill

I picked one up for $6, all the lights light up and the squelch apparently works. The channels change and scan like normal. Both antennas are there but turn when you twist them, I figured that they would screw in and out. They do not come out but kind of just sit in there slightly loose, they are not bent or broken.

I can't get any signals, I live in a major city in the U.S. and expected something. Should I open it up and check the crystals or something? How would I do that?

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
Yes,open the panel in the bottom and see what if any crystal s are in it. Then compared them to the RR database to see if any of them are still active in your area.

Bullgill

I looked and there are 10 crystals in it, the lowest one is 33.96. I do not think any of them are local.

When I use the scan function the lights do not scan from left to right, it just gives me a humming noise.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A couple of years ago the FCC adopted a rule affecting radio signals. That resulted in a wide-spread change in radio systems with new equipment and new frequencies.

So even if your scanner was functioning, it's doubtful any crystals in your scanner are still "applicable".

That said you probably could, if it functioned, turn this into a weather receiver by getting the appropriate crystal for your local weather broadcast frequency.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
When I use the scan function the lights do not scan from left to right, it just gives me a humming noise.

A few options come to mind:

1) You are picking up some digital signal, or interference, and the radio is receiving it as designed.

2) The hum is a static noise, from the squelch being set to low, and the scanner is locking onto the first available channel.

3) There is problem with the scanner. Is the hum coming from the body of the radio or from the speaker?

Sent via Tapatalk

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
A couple of years ago the FCC adopted a rule affecting radio signals. That resulted in a wide-spread change in radio systems with new equipment and new frequencies.

So even if your scanner was functioning, it's doubtful any crystals in your scanner are still "applicable".

That said you probably could, if it functioned, turn this into a weather receiver by getting the appropriate crystal for your local weather broadcast frequency.

I have this same radio that I picked up last year and have recrystalled it so that it now picks up 1 neighboring city'sPD that is still analog, the local cab company, the analog simucast of the local trunked digital system's FD Dispatch, as well as the regional weather service. There are lots of things that can still be listened to on these radios if they are setup for it.

Bullgill, what area are you in and what are the other crystals in the scanner ? Maybe we could trade crystals if you need some of the ones I have or vise versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.