Just getting started with my uniden trucktacker III

Status
Not open for further replies.

uaware

hey there. I purchased a uniden truck tracker iii a year or so ago and played with it a little bit but stopped when I couldn't figure anything out. I was able to manually enter frequencies for my local fire and ems (dispatch only) but that's about it. My local police service has a "p25 truck system in use" and is encrypted. im assuming the OPP is too. Ive read that you can bypass these with digital radios. Is the truck tracker iii digital? and how would I do this?

N8IAA

hey there. I purchased a uniden truck tracker iii a year or so ago and played with it a little bit but stopped when I couldn't figure anything out. I was able to manually enter frequencies for my local fire and ems (dispatch only) but that's about it. My local police service has a "p25 truck system in use" and is encrypted. im assuming the OPP is too. Ive read that you can bypass these with digital radios. Is the truck tracker iii digital? and how would I do this?

I really hate to say this, mainly because it is the new user forum.
But, it is a TRUNK tracker, not a TRUCK tracker.
Your scanner will not receive the OPP, or any other P-25 transmissions. It is an analog trunk tracker. You might be better served asking for help in the Ontario provincial forum.
Larry

uaware

I really hate to say this, mainly because it is the new user forum.
But, it is a TRUNK tracker, not a TRUCK tracker.
Your scanner will not receive the OPP, or any other P-25 transmissions. It is an analog trunk tracker. You might be better served asking for help in the Ontario provincial forum.
Larry

that was just a typo..my bad
thanks for the help

JoeyC

It really does not matter.Everything will soon be encrypted

Soon may be decades away if at all. Doom and gloom aside, everything is not going encrypted soon just because your neighborhood is.

To listen to unencrypted talkgroups on a system that is full of encryption, simply program in those IDs you wish to listen to and run the scanner in ID SCAN not ID SEARCH.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
To listen to unencrypted talkgroups on a system that is full of encryption, simply program in those IDs you wish to listen to and run the scanner in ID SCAN not ID SEARCH.

Good advice. I might do that as it slows down my 396XT every time it pauses on an ENC talk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.