Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGFrick77

Premium Subscriber
I have searched around the site and can not seems to find a listing for the police in my area. Maybe I have just overlooked it, but I need the numbers to be able to program my scanner. Thanks!

I am in Charlotte, NC, Mecklenburg County.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

RDGDigital

Mecklenburg County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The above link is to the database entry for Mecklenburg County. Near the bottom in the section for Trunked Systems there appears to be two systems for Charlotte. I'm not sure why that is, maybe they are migrating from on to the other. I don't really know, I'm not local to North Carolina. You might get more local help by asking an admin to move this thread to the North Carolina forum.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Charlotte/Mecklenburg is indeed migrating from Motorola to P25. Those in the North Carolina forum should be able to tell you better what agencies are on what systems. I haven't been up that way in months.

Note you will need a digital trunk tracking scanner to monitor this area. If you're not familiar with trunking, it's not as easy as putting the frequencies in your scanner.

I suggest reading the Wiki sections regarding trunking and software. Also, it will be easier to program your scanner via computer especially if you become a premium subscriber and you import the data directly.

N8IAA

I have searched around the site and can not seems to find a listing for the police in my area. Maybe I have just overlooked it, but I need the numbers to be able to program my scanner. Thanks!

I am in Charlotte, NC, Mecklenburg County.

You are going to need a scanner that does P-25, digital. Don't know if that is what you are presently using. Just to say, look in the For sale section of the forums. There are some great deals on newer scanners: i.e. the Uniden 396XT. Don't be duped into the expensive x36HP scanners.
Larry

elk2370bruce

It would be a lot easier to help if you gave a clue as to your location.

"I have searched around the site and can not seems to find a listing for the police in my area. Maybe I have just overlooked it, but I need the numbers to be able to program my scanner. Thanks!

I am in Charlotte, NC, Mecklenburg County."

Whats not to understand here? He was quite specific.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mule1075

Feed Provider
"I have searched around the site and can not seems to find a listing for the police in my area. Maybe I have just overlooked it, but I need the numbers to be able to program my scanner. Thanks!

I am in Charlotte, NC, Mecklenburg County."

Whats not to understand here? He was quite specific.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After he edited his post with his location it was specific.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

JGFrick77

Premium Subscriber
My scanner is a Uniden BC245 xlt. I know it is very old technically speaking. I am old too, but like the scanner, I work. I am a Premium subscriber, so can programming be download to this old scanner, and if so, how do I do it? Thanks for any help and patience.

JGFrick77

N8IAA

My scanner is a Uniden BC245 xlt. I know it is very old technically speaking. I am old too, but like the scanner, I work. I am a Premium subscriber, so can programming be download to this old scanner, and if so, how do I do it? Thanks for any help and patience.

JGFrick77

If you read Post #8, I answered your question. The 245xlt is an analog trunktracker. You will need a Digital P-25 scanner. Such as the 396XT, Whistler 1040, or 1065.
Your county has/is switching to a P-25, Phase I trunk system.
My suggestion is to go to the NC state forum and ask if it has changed over to the P-25 system yet.

Larry

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As noted above, you might ask in the North Carolina forum whether anyone is able to use a Uniden 245 on the Charlotte system.

If they are still using the Motorola system, what you have might work. If they have migrated to the P25 system, it will be like trying to watch television with an AM radio.

The following is a link to the manual, if you don't have it. Programming instructions can be found there.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...iTeh7mwhZOxx8gjxu3xyOMA&bvm=bv.76247554,d.b2U

I did a search for programming software and came up empty handed. Programming software usually allows premium subscribers to "capture" data to program the scanner.

Not being insensitive to old stuff (I just got confirmation that my social security checks will start in December), but a lot of developments have occurred since the release of this scanner some 12 years ago. Those developments have rendered your scanner obsolete for the "good stuff".

If you consider a new scanner, I'd shy away from the 396XT. The new Charlotte system is a simulcast system, which is what our local system is. My 396XT has its issues with clearly decoding a simulcast system. The newer x36 scanners deal with simulcast systems significantly better.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
If you go to eBay and manage to find an old BC296D, that will work. Since it seems some talk groups are 5 digits you will need to update the scanner's firmware if it isn't updated to the latest. That would be the cheapest route. No need for a fancy new scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.