hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site and also a new user to a uniden trunk tracker III. I currently listen to Fire, Police and EMS in the Toronto East Region. A friend of mind got me interested in this when I heard him listening to the Police scanners. I started asking questions and it took off from there. Looking forward to getting to know you all and any help on how to get started on this site would be great.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Missychic,

Welcome to the group. You'll find many of your answers, initially, have already been provided. Look for the Sticky posts at the top of the Forum boards. Read, read, and read. There are a million things to listen to in this hobby. If you like computers, there are digital decoders that can sample aircraft data and 'exotic' communication modes.

....but, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Don't stop at listening, either. If you have the interest, explore the amateur radio licensing process in your area. Toronto has a large community of amateur radio operators (AKA hams), and you'll likely find a group that will help you with licensing and getting on the air.

teufler

Welcome from St Louis

otherwise know as a city next to Ferguson, Mo. The scanner traffic is getting as bad as south Chicago. Toronto has or soon will be in the digital age , so the forum here is the right place to fill the gray matter with knowledge on the digital scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.