Any shops in Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

allgoodh

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am from the UK but will be visiting Tampa next week.
Is there any shops in tampa which I can purchase scanner equipment.
Radio shack Do not seem to stock much in store from what I can tell from there website.

Thanks.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
+1 on the Orlando store. Good place for radio stuff, including scanners. Maybe they will ship 'toys' to your location in Tampa...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

allgoodh

Premium Subscriber
Ha my bad it's Orlando I'm going to.

How's that for luck.

Cheers guys.

lep

The Orlando store is near the Old general purpose airport in a sort of industrial area. It has a small showroom with some products on display. The last time I was there several months ago the two clerks on duty spoke Spanish on the telephone the whole time I was present, never looked a us nor seemed to have the slightest interest in walk-in customers. After examining the products for about 15 minutes we left without a single word ever being exchanged between us an the employees. I suppose if we had found something of interest and insisted, they would have hung up the phone and "served" us, we didn't find anything to purchase and these two clerks too no notice or our arrival or departure. BTW, this was a weekday around 11 AM and we were the only Customers present and our auto was the only one parked in front of the front door. There are 3 other autos in the employee parking lot on the side of the building but no one else was seen. I can't recommend an in-person visit unless you call ahead and make an appointment and have someone who knows the equipment you wish to purchase on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.