BC125AT HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazylabs

I just got a BC125AT I am having the hardest time getting this thing to work. I put in 3 channels already and I figured out how to do a quick search but I get nothing. Even when I do a search/scan not one channel picks anything up. I can however get the weather to work. I live in Hawley PA (Pike County).. The one channel I put in was 153.54500 167.9PL this is Hemlock Farms PA public safety. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

dmg1969

Some questions.

1. I did a search for that Hemlock Farms and see that it is a private community. How close do you live to there? I can't imagine that their system is powerful enough to broadcast more than a few miles seeing that they do not need countywide coverage. You may want to try an outdoor antenna if you are more than a stone's throw away.

2. Have you tried programming some of the main Pike County dispatch frequencies in? 155.625 (PL 162.2) for countywide police and 154.445 (PL 173.8) for ch 1 fire dispatch and ops?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lazylabs

I do live in that community so I should have not trouble getting that channel. I have also entered other pike county channels and still nothing :-( I am so frustrated! I've watched every video

Blackink

I do live in that community so I should have not trouble getting that channel. I have also entered other pike county channels and still nothing :-( I am so frustrated! I've watched every video

The bank that you put the frequencies in, is it turned on? Whatever bank you put those frequencies in has to be enabled.

Did you buy the scanner new?

lazylabs

If you mean the numbers on the bottom all are showing 1-10... Are those the Banks? Yes the scanner is brand new.

N8IAA

If you mean the numbers on the bottom all are showing 1-10... Are those the Banks? Yes the scanner is brand new.

lazylabs, have you tried using the software from Uniden for the 125? The scanner came with the programming/power cable. It might make it easier to get everything where you want it to go:)
Larry

Blackink

Yea, that's what I mean by having the banks turned on or not. You only really need the banks turned on that you have frequencies programmed in to them.

Just press the corresponding number(s) on the keypad to turn off the banks if they are showing on the bottom of the scanner display.
If you don't see the bank numbers at the bottom of the display, press the corresponding number(s) on the keypad to turn them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.