"Easy to read" manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloopJohnB

Thank you both. I guess if I had done a search, it would have been pretty easy to find. But, the second one is free -- not sure that would have come up?

Anyway, if I combine what I already know with what will be explained in those two documents, I should be in fat city. Thanks again .

K3DRQ

Premium Subscriber
I find the "Nifty" manuals very helpful for Icom base rigs.

Unlike Yaesu, which is a lot more simplistic, Icom is known for having lots of menus, submenus, and bells/whistles. This gives Icom a benefit when it comes to their base rigs, while Yaesu is better for a simple HT. So Nifty manuals let you use the benefits of an Icom HF without having to search the PDF manual if you forget something you rarely use.

SloopJohnB

I find the "Nifty" manuals very helpful for Icom base rigs.

Unlike Yaesu, which is a lot more simplistic, Icom is known for having lots of menus, submenus, and bells/whistles. This gives Icom a benefit when it comes to their base rigs, while Yaesu is better for a simple HT. So Nifty manuals let you use the benefits of an Icom HF without having to search the PDF manual if you forget something you rarely use.

I wish you were right about the Yaesu. I own the VX-8 handheld. Admittedly I am only part way through learning to get my Technician License, so I can't really do any transmitting yet on this thing, but I find it to be an extremely complicated modinker!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
This manual seems to also be as confusing as the manual that came with the 436.

You can only dumb down a manual so far, when working with such a complex scanner. Gone are the days of punching in a handful of frequencies, and you're up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.