El Paso, Texas Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

keydoobean

Hello, Ive recently started scaning again on a BCD996XT and have been able to get my system going fairly well, however Im not completely convinced that Ive got everything tweeked just right or maybe just have another issue with my antenna. I am experiencing occational garbled/digital transmissions inside my home as well as in my vehicle while using a magnet mount antenna. The trunking and groups all seem to work well but just the recieve quality is annoying. I have the system programmed as a P25 Standard (Digital XT). Can someone help?

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Hello, Ive recently started scaning again on a BCD996XT and have been able to get my system going fairly well, however Im not completely convinced that Ive got everything tweeked just right or maybe just have another issue with my antenna. I am experiencing occational garbled/digital transmissions inside my home as well as in my vehicle while using a magnet mount antenna. The trunking and groups all seem to work well but just the recieve quality is annoying. I have the system programmed as a P25 Standard (Digital XT). Can someone help?

Garbled P25 transmissions are quite common. On the CREST system in Victoria I hear dispatchers telling callers that they've "bonked" all the time. When they do my own scanner can't decode the transmission either but I know that the four thousand buck transceivers are having the same problem so I don't blame the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.