programing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobber716

Premium Subscriber
How do I program a trunk system from the FCC liscence database on radioreference into my scanner that dosen't show up on my sentinel program? I live in Corbin Ky, Knox County, I have a BCD536HP, and The one I am wanting to program is called Harlan twoway Inc. It shows 800 Trunked. this is what it shows up in FCC Liscence database

HARLAN 2 WAY INC WPOX423 810.26250 2009-06-27 A 300 0 MO YB GRAYS

Any help would be appreciated, very new to this type of scanner, Thanks in advance.

Voyager

How do I program a trunk system from the FCC liscence database on radioreference into my scanner that dosen't show up on my sentinel program? I live in Corbin Ky, Knox County, I have a BCD536HP, and The one I am wanting to program is called Harlan twoway Inc. It shows 800 Trunked. this is what it shows up in FCC Liscence database

HARLAN 2 WAY INC WPOX423 810.26250 2009-06-27 A 300 0 MO YB GRAYS

Any help would be appreciated, very new to this type of scanner, Thanks in advance.

You need more information than what the FCC provides, such as type of system (Motorola, LTR, EDACS, P25, Conventional Etc.), the bandplan if applicable, and other items such as the CTCSS/CDCSS for conventional channels.

All I can tell from the info provided is that it's licensed as a trunk frequency (which means there should be more than one frequency involved), and you have the input listed. The output would be 855.2625 which MAY be in the RR database. You listed the input frequency.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As an option, you could create a new conventional system within an existing Favorites List called "Harlan 2 Way". Program all the frequencies shown as FB2 in the station class. Set each channel to a delay of 0 Seconds.

As you scan this system, it will stop on the control channel which will sound like buzzing/motorboating. Press the Avoid button to lock this channel out.

While you won't be following this system as a trunked system, you can hear the conversations, presuming they are not using an NXDN or MotoTrbo format, which cannot be decoded by the 536 scanner.

This is probably the best you can do without knowing what type of system this is, especially for a novice at scanner programming.

Of course you could do some experimenting by programming this as a trunked system doing it the six different ways possible. But then you'd still be in the "Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich without the jelly, situation", as there is no way to know talkgroup IDs and what they correspond to.

I wouldn't be surprised if you find this system to be a business use system. Businesses may lease radios and air time from Harlan 2 Way.

dobber716

Premium Subscriber
As an option, you could create a new conventional system within an existing Favorites List called "Harlan 2 Way". Program all the frequencies shown as FB2 in the station class. Set each channel to a delay of 0 Seconds.

As you scan this system, it will stop on the control channel which will sound like buzzing/motorboating. Press the Avoid button to lock this channel out.

While you won't be following this system as a trunked system, you can hear the conversations, presuming they are not using an NXDN or MotoTrbo format, which cannot be decoded by the 536 scanner.

This is probably the best you can do without knowing what type of system this is, especially for a novice at scanner programming.

Of course you could do some experimenting by programming this as a trunked system doing it the six different ways possible. But then you'd still be in the "Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich without the jelly, situation", as there is no way to know talkgroup IDs and what they correspond to.

I wouldn't be surprised if you find this system to be a business use system. Businesses may lease radios and air time from Harlan 2 Way.

Thanks alot for your Help I did what you said but I didn't get any hits on it, I am thinking of changing it to A moto for a while and see what that does. Do you know how to get a trunked system thats on radio reference onto the sentinel software? Thanks again for you help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.