Need some help with my BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy603

Premium Subscriber
My new 436 arrived yesterday. It seems to be working, but it is scanning too many sites that I really don't need to listen to. Is there better programming software than Sentinal? Would there be anyone near Berks County Pa that could help me understand and optimize it better? Thanks

safetyobc

You can avoid the un needed sites manually.

Menu>Manage Favorites>Select Desired Fav List>Review/Edit System>Select System>Edit Site>Select Sites>Set Avoid.

Kind of cumbersome but once you are done you should be up and running.

mitbr

My new 436 arrived yesterday. It seems to be working, but it is scanning too many sites that I really don't need to listen to. Is there better programming software than Sentinal? Would there be anyone near Berks County Pa that could help me understand and optimize it better? Thanks

Hi Chappy.
You are probably using the national database and for more detailed scanning you need to set up favorite lists.
Sentinel software is the best to use to do this.

Click on the youtube link below and look at the tutorials for setting up a favorites list.
K4DPS - YouTube

FYI the 536hp is the same as the 436hp in this regard.
You may find the easier to read manual better than the Uniden one.
Check this manual
http://marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml

and for the sentinel software this link
Sentinel BCDX36HP Software Manual

If you have any other questions just ask.

Tim

Chappy603

Premium Subscriber
I'll check out the videos. I need to get more familiar with Sentinal, and learn how to create a favorite list.

Chappy603

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Tim, I watched the You Tube video and created my 1st favorite list and it actually seems to work. Now that I have the basics, I'll play around and fine tune it. If I get this figured out, I might get the 536 for in the house.

mitbr

Thanks Tim, I watched the You Tube video and created my 1st favorite list and it actually seems to work. Now that I have the basics, I'll play around and fine tune it. If I get this figured out, I might get the 536 for in the house.

That's ironic I have the 536hp and want buy the 436hp.
Glad to help if you have any further questions feel free to ask.
Tim

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys I have the BCD 436hp and want to listen to berks but I am having no luck I have updated firmware and data base and I am using the rs800 antenna and I am not receiving anything on this system can one of u help me out?

Voyager

Have you enabled all the Service Types? Have you set MONITOR ON for the system you want to monitor?

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
Yes all services are turned on I am listing to Lancaster county but berks county I can hear there vhf dispatch for fire but not there phase 2 system

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
I have on to monitor berks to its say I d scanning and nothing and nothing is voided either

Voyager

Phase II systems are often designed for coverage only within the service area. Additionally, TDMA systems such as Phase II often degrade at distance.

How far are you from Berks Co?

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
I am a little over a mile from the county line from northen chester next to southern berks.

Voyager

They could well be nulling the signal toward Philly if there is a co-channel user. And around Philly there likely is one. Try it mobile closer to Berks and see if there is any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.