Which talkgroups belong to what Sys Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msp2pika

Premium Subscriber
thanks for access. It took me a couple of weeks just to get on the forums.

So I have a Pro96 and I use Win Star to program it. Here is my main list:

San Diego County - Imperial County Regional Communications System (RCS) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies

What I am trying to figure out is what talkgroups belong to which control channel. For example in my area, El Cajon California, I use the South cell control channel which gives me El Cajon area CHP, EC Police, etc. But what about the North Cell, and East Cell etc. Which TGs belong to them? Am I making sense?

Thank you all for your help

W6KRU

That is a complicated question. The TGs are programmed to have access to the sites required for coverage in the areas of their responsibility. I.E. Oceanside on north cell, El Cajon on south cell, etc.

Some of the TGs access two cells or more: Sheriff's Rural TGs might be on any cell. Interop and mutual aid tend to be on all cells. The fact that a TG is allowed doesn't necessarily mean it will be heard on that cell. At least one radio has to affiliate on that cell before the TG is carried by the cell.

Clear as mud? I don't know of a list showing any of this.

ETA: This should be in the San Diego forum. I'll let a mod know.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Short answer:

A trunked system site has one or two control channels, and a set of voice channels.

Any talkgroup can be broadcast on any voice channel. The control channel tells the scanner (and all other radios on the system within range) which talkgroup(s) are currently being broadcast on each voice channel.

Which talkgroups are broadcast from each site depends on how the system is configured. Some talkgroups will be broadcast from every site, but others may only be broadcast from one site.

If you want to hear everything, you need to monitor all sites within reception range.

Status
Not open for further replies.