ARC-500 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogger1

I'm new to using my computer to load data onto my scanner. I'm using ARC-500 for the first time. I have input a bunch of frequencies into the computer from radioreference.com. I'm still learning how to put them into different scanlists. My main question is this: Can I within the ARC-500 program move groups of frequencies (objects?) from one scanlist to another? I have tried cutting and pasting. I can't even cut one line, much less a whole section (like an entire town--police, fire, etc.) What am I doing wrong? Could not find the answer in the ARC-500 manual.

Thanks, Tom

QDP2012

Good morning and Welcome to RR,

In ARC500/ARC500Pro, you don't cut-paste to move items from one scan-list to another.

In the Navigation column, You click on the Object Browser >> Scannable Objects >> either Conventional or Talkgroups, in order to see the correct window on the right.

This displays the editable list in the main window. In this main window, you edit the data in the column "Scan Lists" for the given row(s) you want to change.

In the appropriate "Scan Lists" cell, You can either type a number from the keyboard, or you can double-click to see a pop-up checklist in which you can select the scanlist(s) for that current row. You can choose multiple scanlists for each object if you wish.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

jogger1

Thanks to QDP2012

Thanks, QDP. Advice was great. Very easy to move things in and out of scanlists. Also realized you can highlight a whole group of objects, right click to edit, and put them ALL in whatever scanlist you want. Very nice program----ARC-500. Learning it a little at a time. Next task is to load driver for USB cable to RS-651.

QDP2012

You're certainly welcome.

If you choose to use the keyboard you can "arrow" up and down the column to individual cells, "shift-arrow" up and down to select a group, and once you are on the target cell(s), you can toggle the scanlist numbers by typing the keys 1 through 0 for ScanLists 1 through 10, and letters "q" through "p" for ScanLists 11 through 20.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.