Home Patrol 1 Continuosly Scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblue218

Premium Subscriber
I've had my Home Patrol for a couple days now. I had it all set up, downloaded everything, even had a favorites list. It was working just fine. I had it on this morning and it was scanning perfectly then I noticed after a few minutes it went silent and was just sitting there scanning. It won't stop on anything. Squelch is on 2 bars and miles is set at 15. I live in a large city. Location settings are fine. I can see it scrolling through the different channels but it won't stop on anything. Anybody got a clue? Thanks.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Another thing you may want to check is to see if the service types you want to listen to may have accidentally gotten turned off.

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
Assuming you have strong signals, try a higher squelch setting.

Also, if you have the Extreme Edition, do a RF power plot on the control channel (or one of the other analyzer functions) for a system you are monitoring. That will make sure you can receive and it's just a setting.

What system(s) are you scanning?

cblue218

Premium Subscriber
I'm scanning Columbus, OH police. I'm not sure of the system but they're in the 800 kHz range. I have checked all the settings that I know to check. The scanner was working fine on Christmas day. I charged it up that night and this morning it's not hitting on anything again. Just sits there and scans. I have noticed that the signal bars aren't lighting up. Not picking up signals for some reason. When it works the signal bars light up. Today is a crystal clear day outside. When it works it works great. Picks up all the channels well. For some reason today, nothing. I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.