Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

You will want a digital scanner. I don't see any p25 type II so you could get a GRE 600 or a Uniden 996xt. These are current for most areas. You can save some money.. Some of these scanners are hitting the used market for two reasons. First they are complicated and not what owners thought they would be, like their older scanner. Also trunking systems have migrated to system the scanners can not decode. You can go with a portable HT scanner, though the volumn is weak, when you are in a car and have road noise to put up with. You can adapt them with amplified speakers. Most of these scanners can be programmed with Data from RR, either by hand keying or by cable from the pc to the scanner. Much faster and less mental strain. I do not know the scanner laws in Canada, there may be restrictions for scanner installed in cars. I only mention this because I would hate to hear that your scanner was impounded. Also to the cost of a scanner, you will have $50 or more for a mobile antenna.You can have a poor radio but a good antenna, and see improvements. Conversly a good radio with a poor antenna, the radio will be deaf and you will not like what you hear or lack of hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.