New Member with Questions *Brown County*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupcake82

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I purchased a scanner about a year ago. Before that I used an app on my phone. For whatever reason Brown County couldn't be heard on there any more so I bought a scanner. My little boys and I love listening to it. They especially loved hearing the police. In fact, my then 5 year old made up his mind that he's going to be a police officer when he grows up. :) I've programmed their codes (I'm sorry I still do not know all the lingo yet) into my scanner and we can't hear them any more. I used to be able to hear the Sheriff's office, all the police stations in Brown County, as well as the State Highway Patrol. Does anyone know how I can get them programmed into my scanner? I have the Uniden Bearcat BC75XLT. Thanks so much!

-Emily

DJ11DLN

First, welcome to Radio Reference. We need more info to help you. Brown County where? I suspect most states have a Brown County and the systems will all be different in one regard or another.

You can look this up yourself in the RR database if you don't want to make your location public.

If the agency you're interested in has moved to a trunked and/or digital system, your BC75xlt isn't going to hear it, as it's a conventional/analog scanner. Good luck and welcome! :)

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It looks like you are in Brown County, Ohio. They just switched to the new Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) digital system. They can not be received on the 75 anymore. You will need a digital scanner like a BCD396XT, BCD996XT, HomePatrol, etc.

The feed provider probably didn't have the digital equipment either and that is why the feed is gone.

I started listening to police calls on a 1 channel tune-able radio when I was a kid, which resulted in a long career in law enforcement and fire/ems, which I have retired from. I worked in Clermont and Hamilton Counties not far from you.

Last edited:

Cupcake82

Thank you. Yes, I'm sorry. I am in Brown County Ohio. I thought I was on an Ohio board. ha ha So sorry about that!! Thanks for the info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.