Radio Shack Pro-164 "All Channels Locked Out" Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

Read this, Locking/Unlocking Channels
You can keep the scanner scanning by locking out channels that have a continuous transmission (such as a weather channel).
To Lock or Unlock a Channel, select the channel by entering the bank number and channel number (Ex: 001) then press MANUAL to advance to the channel. Press L/OUT. lo changes to LO in the display if the channel is locked out.

To Lock out a Channel if the scanner is scanning and stops on the channel, quickly press L/OUT before it continues scanning again. The scanner will lock out the channel and automatically resume scanning.

To View all Locked out Channels, in manual or program mode, press FUNC then L/OUT (each time) to step through the locked out channels. Press L/OUT to unlock a channel. If there are no locked out channels, then the scanner will just beep.
Note: You can still monitor locked out channels in manual and program modes.

JohnnysTavern

Thanks, tried it. Just not working. Note, at the end pages of the operators manual is a section that explains how to reset the unit. I reset it or whatever. Im away from the unit and manual now.

I press the manuel button and able to view frequencies, scroll up or down, but scanning does not work. Only All channels are locked appears.
thanks.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-164

I press the manuel button and able to view frequencies, scroll up or down, but scanning does not work. Only All channels are locked appears.
As you are scrolling, are they locked out? If so, press LOUT to unlock them. What bank are the channels in, 0? If so, press SCAN then press 0. That will unlock them.

jfhtm350

If your scanner has boot version 1.01 try to update the firmware with the link in my signature.

If you have boot version 1.00, don't use the link I provided. You will have to find the firmware for that boot version elsewhere.

manny49

the scanner will not scan if you have all the banks turned off to turn them you have to put the scanner in scan mode and press each number to turn them on

Status
Not open for further replies.