Help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahicks1953

I received a uniden bad 436 scanner as a gift. It came with the hometown programming from scanner masters but it does not get the new county channels. Can anyone help with these numbers and also help me program these numbers. I am a dummy when it comes to these things so I need major help. I love in the Kendall area of anyone can help.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The first thing to do is install BCDx36HP_Sentinel.

Once you've got it installed, click on Update/Update Master HPDB. This will update the database in the Sentinel program.

Connect your scanner to your computer using a USB cable.

After that's updated, click on Scanner/Write to Scanner, select your scanner and click OK.

This should update the database on your scanner and hopefully you'll receive the new channels.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The software came with the scanner in the box. Also there is a lot of information in the user manual these scanners are not as simple as plug and play the user needs some tech background

troymail

Silent Key
Where do I find this program. I very frustrated. If I can't get the county channels Iay sell this scanner and give up .

Scanners have become more and more complex over the years...mostly because the systems we want to monitor are much more complex than they were 20 years ago.

My best advise to start.....take a deep breath and have patience. You'll be happy you did.

I remember years ago getting a Uniden BC296 and trying to program it quickly only to want to throw the thing across the room.

Take some time and learn more about how it works... I know it's hard... but you just have to do it.

If you haven't found the Sentinel software, it should be at a link on this page:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Sentinel_(Uniden_software)

BTW ... What systems/frequencies are you trying to program/listen to?

Last edited:

dahicks1953

I paid for the hometown programming when I got the scanner. I get Miami beach city of Miami and hialeah but it looks like scanner master does not have the Miami dade county new numbers so basically I get everything but what is dispatched via the county radio system.

Thanks for replying
David

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A visit to the site below might be helpful:

BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Just guessing here, but when ScannerMaster did their thing to your scanner, they worked off the RR/Uniden frequency database. It's possible those "new numbers" haven't made their way into the database. Once that happens, and you have had some time to learn how to program your scanner, you can make the appropriate updates.

There is definitely a learning curve involved, but most of us have found our way through it. With some time, patience, practice and probably frustration, you'll get the hang of it.

dmg1969

dahicks1953, as others have said, these new scanners do have a learning curve. They are not the old "program in a frequency and listen" scanners. Do yourself a favor...bookmark and print out this easier to read manual for the x36 scanners. Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

These new scanners will require you to learn how to use them to get the maximum enjoyment and function out of them. Particularly since these digital systems get updated with new control channels and talk groups, if you don't know how to update the database and your favorite lists, you will have a $500 paperweight.

I did the same thing with the HP-1, which was my first digital scanner. I actually studied the easier to read manual for a while before actually buying the HP-1, so I felt familiar with it as soon as I took it out of the box.

bailly2

do you mean the miami dade county digital system? Miami-Dade County Public Services (Project 25) Trunking System, Miami, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

try switching id search mode instead of scanning stored talkgroups press Func then E/yes.

While scanning that System when you receive that county talkgroup
press E/yes, then At Are you sure?, press E/yes.
At Select Department, scroll to the Department and press E/yes.
New Department Data Naming.

After storing the ID, you will be at the Channel Options menu to complete the settings for the new channel. If you don&#8217;t want to edit the settings press Avoid to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.