R.S. pro-652

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppj9256

Premium Subscriber
i read on a post from a different area, advise on programming a new pro-652, was advised to purchase the cable for date, and someone from Radio Reference could send a downloadable file. Im not sure how this works, but would like to know more if someone can shed some light on this.
thanks, ppj
located in northern il, near wis boarder

jfhtm350

What they were saying is someone may program your scanner from their software and save it then send the file to you so you can upload it to your scanner thus saving you from having to program it. You will need to buy the programming cable and have the same programming software (Win500 or Arc500).

AtomX

Premium Subscriber
I just went through this last week with the same model. As you already know you need to purchase the programming cable ~$30 USD. You won't need anyone to send you a file right away as the cable comes with a software trial (7 days) which includes 2 free imports (downloads from the RR database) Don't make the same mistake as me and hit the import button twice on the same frequencies otherwise it will lock you out of the free import option. Should be just enough to get you started then you could take a look at other software which can utilize the files users may send you.

Status
Not open for further replies.