what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat253

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a used RadioShack Pro-96 scanner with the hopes of listening in on my local police frequencies, etc. instead of using my cell phone app.
I paid for the premium membership on here with hopes of just uploading the CSV files to it.
After uploading everything, I still get nothing......what am I doing wrong???

apd3190

Try win96 from starsoft. I think you get a 30 day trial and you can import direct from RR.

ermin

I purchased a used RadioShack Pro-96 scanner with the hopes of listening in on my local police frequencies, etc. instead of using my cell phone app.
I paid for the premium membership on here with hopes of just uploading the CSV files to it.
After uploading everything, I still get nothing......what am I doing wrong???

Hello

We need more info. What local police system. Is the 96 capable of receiving it? What program did you use? I have one and it works fine for my city and county but it does not work on my state system and some other counties using 700 Mhz trunked because it cannot receive those kinds of systems.
Give us all your info and we'll try to help you figure this out.

Ermin

mat253

Premium Subscriber
I used ARC96 software to upload/download frequencies from RR. I live near Toronto Ontario. There are tons of resources for my area and even a live broadcast, which is very busy! i just can't seem to hear anything on my actual scanner :(
I'm wondering if its just obsolete now or if I'm doing something wrong here. The frequencies are in the 800Mhz range as listed on RR for Toronto Public Safety....I know they are eventually switching to the 700Mhz range, but its still only in the testing phase.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It is doubtful that they system is obsolete. I looked as best I could, and didn't see anything encrypted. Unless the feed you are listening to is an "official" feed, most likely the broadcaster is using a scanner. Thus, if the broadcast can program it, you should be able too.

If you could post your files, someone may have the opportunity to look them over for obvious issues.

I'm presuming that your scanner otherwise receives things - if you have a weather broadcast in the area, that's a good test.

mat253

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I'm listening to some OPP transmissions right now....found a few frequencies by just going through the 141-142Mhz frequencies.
I've also noticed that I'm not able to track a complete conversation, it flip-flops from one to another. Is there a way to program it so that it will follow the conversation from frequency to frequency.

I'm not sure how to post the files I've used. I logged on through my ARC96 software. It asks me what region I'm in, then I select Toronto Public Safety. It displays all the trunking frequencies and tags, etc. I've selected all and clicked upload. It uploads successfully and shows all frequencies on the scanner itself, but nothing comes through.

SCPD

QRT
It may be better to query in the Ontario forum.
Someone close to you with a Pro-96, or similar radio, may of had the same problem, and know a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.