Break it down for us....

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Can someone breakdown the 700/800/900 frequency spacing, ie 12.5 on 800, what is the 700 and 900 spacing, and in these bands, where are the frequency "ranges" separating "mobile/input frequencies from their Repeater/Bases" in their respective 700/800/900 FCC allocations. Any comprehensive list starting at UHF and upward, identifying the current frequency spacing, and "ranges" of repeater input/output parameters would be most helpful. Thanks Rad Ref for opening up the entire globe to us Scannerheads/HAMS/Industry users /Shut-ins ,for the contribution you have made to make all this information possible. May God Bless the USA!!

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Go to the web and look for the PART 90 rules. ALL the frequencies are listed along with their restrictions (power levels, base, mobile, repeaters, etc).
BB

ecps92

700 MHz Public Safety Band Plan - The RadioReference Wiki

Can someone breakdown the 700/800/900 frequency spacing, ie 12.5 on 800, what is the 700 and 900 spacing, and in these bands, where are the frequency "ranges" separating "mobile/input frequencies from their Repeater/Bases" in their respective 700/800/900 FCC allocations. Any comprehensive list starting at UHF and upward, identifying the current frequency spacing, and "ranges" of repeater input/output parameters would be most helpful. Thanks Rad Ref for opening up the entire globe to us Scannerheads/HAMS/Industry users /Shut-ins ,for the contribution you have made to make all this information possible. May God Bless the USA!!

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Many Thanks....

This rapid expansion especially in urban areas has us "Ole School" types, chasing the train that already left the station, in regards to "down expansion" from 800 to 700, and "up expansion" 800 to 900. If your on Facebook or other current blogs,"Come Home" to the BIG DOGS, on Rad Ref to get the best tech advise.

nd5y

on 746-776 MHz the offset is +30 MHz and channel spacing is 6.25 kHz but several 6.25 kHz channels can be combined into a 12.5 or 25 kHz wide channel with a different center frequency. See the band plans on caprad.org
on 851-896 MHz MHz it is -45 MHz and 12.5 kHz
on 935-940 MHz it is -39 MHz and 12.5 kHz

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, but.....

I'm hearing analog audio on lower 900 range with the first Regency MX2200 dinosaur scanners manufactured in the early days of 800 and analog cell systems. Is it intermod or am I receiving new usage in northern N.J. on this handheld "beast"

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Will go back and monitor longer, initial impression was 2 way repeater. Heard control channel analog audio in 903.5 to 903.8 vicinity on search mode, also 960 and 962 search. originally loaded 900 to 999 in search limits so I can feed you the most "hits."

Last edited:

nd5y

902-928 is the ISM and amateur band. There are some ham repeaters there and consumer stuff like cordless phones, baby monitors, wireless speaker systems, etc. Anything else is probably an image.
940-941 is narrowband PCS. If you hear any voice communications there then it is an image.
941-960 is fixed microwave and broadcast auxiliary. There is probably not much analog voice there but there could be some point-to-point links using FM.
960-1240 is aeronautical radionavigation (DME, TACAN, ATC radar, etc.) If you hear any voice communications there then it is an image.

Last edited:

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Old Habits Are Hard To Shake.......

I'm that Curious George character who cant stay "within the boundaries" of loading up the scanner, walking away, and never snooping around for that "hidden gem" frequency, that starts talking 3 minutes before they kick down a door and handcuff my neighbor, with his "2 car garage meth lab." Rarely do you find a good hit like that, but you follow my mindset regarding that relentless "search " mentality to uncover activity that isn't published or posted anywhere. Many Thanks to WAOCBW for that "research FCC Part 90" advise, that had my scratchpad and multi-color Sharpies jotting down the frequency limits of both input/mobile, as well as repeater/fixed in all the "new" spectrum opened up over recent years by the FCC. You can read Part 90 cover to cover and become a "scanner monk" by staying in the basement secluded for the next month reading all the valuable data in that CFR document, or you scroll thru the pages, stopping to jot down the vast "treasure trove" of frequency ranges and begin your own "hunt" today.

Status
Not open for further replies.