Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerlayne

Hi, I just bought my first scanner today. I purchased a used Radio shack model pro 2050. I have been reading a pdf copy of the owners manual and think there might be a problem with the scanner. It only scans bank 2. And only scan list numbers 30-40 . I am not sure if the other banks are locked out or if I just don't know what I am doing or hopefully I did not buy a piece of junk. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

tylerlayne

Well I found out I just did not know what I was doing. It seems that although this was a used scanner from 1998 It was never manually programed. The reason it only scanned one bank was because all the rest were empty. After programing 75 frequencies into it, it now scans banks 1,2 and 3. Once I program more into it I am sure it will scan all the banks.

mciupa

So your persistence paid off.
Enjoy the scanner, I had a Pro 2052 back in the day when 1000 channels gave you bragging rights. :D

tylerlayne

Yes,I just got this today and already want something more modern.Can not receive any police broadcast and only fire dispatch but no responses. I knew I would not get the police,they incripted a long time ago. Can not figure out the trunked use yet. How do I know which frequencies are trunked?

Status
Not open for further replies.