whistler ws1065 digital scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosebud53

Can some one help I'M not good with computers can not figure out how to manual program scanner or by the computer have read manual not much help.

N8IAA

Can some one help I'M not good with computers can not figure out how to manual program scanner or by the computer have read manual not much help.

The only way to program by a computer is with programming software such as, www.starrsoft.com, PSREdit500, and Arc500. I believe the USB cable came with the scanner. All three of those provide a free thirty day trial. If you want to import directly from Radio Reference, you'll need to buy a premium subscription.
Can't help you with programming by hand. Way too many button pushes for me:)
Larry

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I would second the recommendation to use software. Besides greatly speeding up the programming process, software also lets you see most all of the information needed and what's been entered so far at one time. That makes it much easier to find and correct simple errors (such as typos) and omissions and correct them,

However, if you really want to take a crack at programming without software, start with Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki.

Also, the Easier to Read manual has a wealth of information.
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Any reference in the programming tips or here on the forums to the PSR-600 or Pro-197 would also apply to the WS1065 and Pro-652.

R

retiredmich

Just F Y I , there are 14 steps to manually program your scanner.

rosebud53

Scanner confuseing

Still having trouble programing whistler ws1065. for the price you should not have to buy software is there an easier way. not sure what or how to download

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Still having trouble programing whistler ws1065. for the price you should not have to buy software is there an easier way. not sure what or how to download

Well I agree, these scanners should have decent software included for the price you pay, but in general they just don't. So you either program manually, or pay a little money for a capable piece of software. If you only want to program a few conventional channels, then doing so manually isn't bad. But most folks live where there are many Public Safety agencies nearby, and many of those are on complex trunk systems. Just one of these systems can involve dozens of frequencies, and a hundred or more talkgroups. These systems are very time consuming and difficult to program manually, and the risk of making errors is high. So this is why most folks use software to program their radios, it just makes it much easier and accurate to do.

So besides the programs mentioned above, which I've tried but didn't care for, there is another called Win500. I found that one to be the one I liked best for programming my Whistler 1065. I believe it's free to try.

DickH

All the frequencies for Lodi and San Joaquin county are conventional. The list is here:
San Joaquin County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

See the MODE column. P25 is digital and FM or FMN are analog. The scanner manual should give you step by step instructions how to enter frequencies.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
All the frequencies for Lodi and San Joaquin county are conventional. The list is here:
San Joaquin County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

See the MODE column. P25 is digital and FM or FMN are analog. The scanner manual should give you step by step instructions how to enter frequencies.

That's true, I didn't check for the OP's home location before making my post. I was just generalizing. So if rosebud is only interested in San Joaquin County, then manual entry wouldn't be too bad. Quite a few freqs there, but certainly doable. However, neighboring Sacramento County would be a royal pain to program manually, so it just depends on what the OP is interested in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.