Programming infor for Uniden BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubcreekman

Premium Subscriber
My county has P25 dispatch for the sheriffs office. The rest of the frequencies are type RM and mode FMN. Do I create a system for the P25 dispatch, and then put the other frequencies in the P25 group or do I need to create another system for the FMN frequencies? Two of them are repeaters. I have messed with this until I'm about ready to pull my hair out. Owners manual on CD is vague.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Its easier than you think.

Create a System for this county. Everything can go in that one system, P25 and all others.

Then create groups for each of the entities (County, Cities, etc.)

Then enter the channels as you would for any other type of system for the groups.

On that one P25 channel, for the SO, you would choose Digital for the Audio Type, setting the mode as Auto.

For all other frequencies, the audio type should be Analog and the mode should be Auto.

Auto is kind of a catch-all. After you get it up and running okay, you can tinker with setting the mode to NFM and see if you see any improvement. You may or may not.

If you have programming software, such as FreeScan or ARC-XT, with you being a premium subscriber, you can down the most of these things and fine tune the settings as described above.

teufler

WE HAVE TO SEND FILES, on RadioReference in zipped format. Go to your search engine and get 7-zip. Its a good zipping and unzipping utility. Or if you have somethingh else that unzips, that will work. zipping means that the files we send or post usually can not get changed in transit, so its safer and quicker.

scrubcreekman

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I haven't been back on here and explain how I solved my problem. I found a program called FreeSCAN that interfaces with RadioReference. Makes it a breeze even though I had to buy a usb cable to go to my scanner. You open the program and pick the Scanner tab up top and download the county or whatever else you're looking for. It will put the frequencies and info into the FreeScan window. Select the ones you want and click upload from the Scanner tab and it will put them right into your scanner. Keep in mind you have to have the premium subscription from RadioReference. I believe that is $15 for 90 days.

kkn377

Premium Subscriber
I bought the ARC XT software and never could get it to see my scanner. Still trying to fix the problem but I used freescan and finally have mine loaded with the ranges set for my GPS receiver thru help from this forum.

kkn377

Premium Subscriber
I loaded the prolific driver, it indicates the blue port is available. I set the baud rates on the port and scanner to the same. Still nada. It works great on free scan software. It's a gig aware serial to USB cable .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've had a similar situation previously - ARC doesn't want to connect to a port I know is there.

What I did was a computer shut down and re-start. ARC could then find the port.

I was thinking some software other than ARC was locking up the port and ARC could not get to it. The shutdown cleared that lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.