Please help with the BCD 436

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney472

First of all, yes I do almost always get the message requiring me to reset the time each time I power up the 436. Secondly, now I have somehow gotten the screen locked and I'm unable to unlock it to move on to set the clock.

So, the screen that I see when I power up the unit is the "Welcome to BCD436P, Please set the clock" "Press (E)"

When I press "E", I get the "Keypad Lock - ON" screen. So, according to the manual for this scanner, I press Function then Power Button which is also the unlock screen button and I get beeps and can move out of the "please set the clock screen"

I am not able to get the screen Unlocked to set the clock and get the unit up and running.

Any suggestions? , much appreciated if someone could offer advice.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
See if you can read it with Sentinel. If so go to edit profile and turn keypad lock off and write back to it.

Sydney472

Thanks, I had to borrow a friends computer who has the whole Sentinel program, so I was hoping I could fix it with just the unit itself. Thanks for the recommendation though.

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I had to borrow a friends computer who has the whole Sentinel program, so I was hoping I could fix it with just the unit itself. Thanks for the recommendation though.

You have to power off the scanner and hold the "function button on the left side towards the top" and while holding the function button down push the power button and wait till scanner boots and then let go of power button. Then you hear a beep and display will say "keypad lock off:

Sydney472

That doesn't work, when I power the unit down and power it back up while holding the function button down. The unit reverts right back to the "SET Clock" screen.

It doesn't even recognize that I'm holding the Function button down as I power the unit back up.

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
It a bug in the firmware

You have no choice but to hold 2+9+CHAN while powering on. Which will lose the programming, but you be able to quickly reprogram from Sentinel, if you save the programming. .

Last edited:

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
One you get it back up. Go to Sentinel on computer and then on top bar go to "update" . then click "update firmware".

Status
Not open for further replies.