Scan List Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker44

Hello, when I Up Load Frequencies from the scanner, each of my Frequencies or Objects have the scan list number posted next to it in the Column just right of the Alpha Tag column . I also go and click on Scan List Preview and click on the list I am using. Right now I have tried to keep it real simple by putting all of a certain group of Objects in the same Scan List, 1 or 2.
I dont know any where else to go and post a Scan List number or click something on or off ????
I am using ARC500 software with a Radio Shack Pro 651 scanner with the Radio Shack programming cable, plus Windows 8.1 , all this works very well together.
After I Up Load to the scanner my Scan List number is flashing, like it isnt assigned to a Scan List,I dont know of any thing else to do to assign a Scan List number. ????
When I use to program manually I didnt have this problem . I just got my ARC500 software Wednesday evening of this week. I all ways try and make sure a Scan List number is assigned to my group of Frequencies or Objects.
I need some help with this one . I really feel it is something I am maybe overlooking.
TNX-----Tracker44

Tracker44

I am working with 3 scan list. Just one at a time. they are conventional Frequencies . I have tried up loading them one at a time thru all three. Which ever one I up load among the three the other 2 start flashing.All frequencies are assigned a scan list in the column to the right of the Alpha tag column.
I also checked which ever one i am working with in the scan list Preview.
I then went to the Global settings and un-checked all except the one I am working with , I did this with each of the three one at a time and did my up load.
But still when I do it one will be solid lit and the other two will be flashing as if they are not assigned to a scan list.
I have tried rotating thru the three but all ways get the same results, the other 2 will be flashing .
I have done this several times but get the same results.
I also checked to see if I could find any thing that may be locked out but I dont find any thing,
TNX

blangell

Tracker for starters if you WANT and HAVE freqs in Scan list 1,2 and 3 they have to be uploaded in 1 swoop they cant be uploaded on at a time.

Tracker44

Yes that is correct. I have been working on this since last night and I believe you may have just hit on something.
I just brought up my first convential scan list, i then opened up my second scan list and then I opened up my 3rd scan list .
I just added one to the first and the I added the third to the second in one big long list.
The 3 scan list stayed on, solid lit , no flashing.
BINGO
TNX a ton Brian.
I guess thats the way you do it, I just did not realize that.
I just opened up the ARC500 three times and high lighted one and added it to the first and then did the third the same way.
And hit Up Load and it seems to have worked.
TNX again Brian
Let me know if there an easier way.

blangell

Tracker that's what I thought was going on, was just going to tell you to copy and paste 2 of them on to one of them, as long as all three got onto one.

blangell

Tracker one other thing...when scan list 4 comes into play just continue with the same file that you now have with 1,2 and 3. You don't have to create the scan list separately.

Tracker44

TNX again blangell, WOW was that a hugh help.
I guess Trunking is next and more doors to try and open, but we will work on them.

Tracker44

Working on this since last night , this old fellow is fixing to hit the hay.
And a HUGH TNX for the help.

Tracker44

Thats great , Dothan is a very nice place , my neighbor just moved there and I have another friend that is a Doctor and he just moved there.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
You can not add 'scanlists', this is a limitation of the scanners memory design. Sending data to the scanner will overwrite what is already programmed in the scanner.
You must create one ARC500 file with all objects and assign the objects to one or more scanlists before they can be scanned.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.