uniden Bearcat 396xt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricep

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased the uniden Bearcat 396xt, very new to scanners and have uploaded and programed via freeSCAN, however, it is mostly quiet, I don't hear much of anything. I have just done a search for Davidson county I see there PD frequencies start around 2454.5000, I am assuming I can't get those on this scanner? like I said I am new to scanners and a little lost still. any help would be great!

joeuser

The Wretched
I just purchased the uniden Bearcat 396xt, very new to scanners and have uploaded and programed via freeSCAN, however, it is mostly quiet, I don't hear much of anything. I have just done a search for Davidson county I see there PD frequencies start around 2454.5000, I am assuming I can't get those on this scanner? like I said I am new to scanners and a little lost still. any help would be great!

That would be about WiFi frequency range? Did you search here? What state are you in?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The highest frequency your scanner will accept is 1300.0000

This is a very unusual frequency and I'd question its validity.

Which Davidson County do you mean - Tennessee or North Carolina?

bricep

Premium Subscriber
yes, I did search on here that is where I got the frequency starting point for Nashville Metro PD. I am in Nashville, TN or north of Nashville.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Download and program the Nashiville Davidson County trunked system and you should be up and running.

bricep

Premium Subscriber
ok, I just did that, however, I don't see it scanning, I see all the conventional systems scanning? Like I said I am new to all of this just trying to learn and understand what I am doing.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Did you select one or more sites when you downloaded the data? I've seen some occasions where folks have selected only the talkgroups. Both are needed.

Another problem could be that you have assigned sites to system quick keys and the system quick keys are not enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.