scanner bc355n lock out channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighammer

I just got a new scanner uniden BC355N had no problem in getting police freq. the problem I am having is with repeaters and hospital breaking in to freq. Peru police (155.79000, I followed the instructions to block out others on that freq. I need some help or I not understanding right any help will be greatly appreciated thanks bigh

captclint

Mentor
The best defense is to program 114.8 PL. I see it Peru PD is listed as with and without PL. You should still use 114.8 PL The one without is a talkaround likely used for close range comms which you probably couldn't hear most of the time.

N8IAA

I just got a new scanner uniden BC355N had no problem in getting police freq. the problem I am having is with repeaters and hospital breaking in to freq. Peru police (155.79000, I followed the instructions to block out others on that freq. I need some help or I not understanding right any help will be greatly appreciated thanks bigh

bighammer, the FD/EMS is very close in frequency to the PD. Unfortunately, the 355N doesn't have the ability to use PL/DPL to block the annoying signal.
I don't know if there is an Attenuator, it's a setting that cuts the signal down. If there is, activate it for that frequency.
HTH,
Larry

bighammer

bc355n lock out channels reply

I want to thank CAPTCLINT and N81AA A FOR THEIR HELP WITH MY SCANNER I WILL PROGRAM IN THE 114.8PL AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP , I MIGHT HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS I HOPE NOT THANKS BIGHAMMER

captclint

Mentor
I WILL PROGRAM IN THE 114.8PL AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS
Just so there is no misunderstanding, the BC355 is an old scanner that does not have the ability to program a PL. I was not aware of that until Larry mentioned it. Your options are very limited with that scanner to reduce the interference.

N8IAA

Just so there is no misunderstanding, the BC355 is an old scanner that does not have the ability to program a PL. I was not aware of that until Larry mentioned it. Your options are very limited with that scanner to reduce the interference.

It's only 3 years old. It was made to monitor the narrow band VHF frequencies. It didn't include the PL/DPL like the 15X. The 355N was an upgrade from the 355C.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.