Programming Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker44

Hello, I am useing ARC500 programming software . When getting ready to programming a Trunk system and you check out system type, I have noticed (Phase 1 or 2) under system information also (New System 1 or 2) in the program , are these the same????
If you have (Project 25 Phase 1) as the system type listed, is that the same as ( P25 Auto then New System 1 ) under Alpha Tag in the program ????
How important is the System 1 or 2 ????
TNX----Tracker44

RDGDigital

What system are you looking at? Can you provide a link?

If you're looking at a system in the Database and the "System Type:" says "Project 25 Phase II" then your scanner (PRO-651) is not capable of monitoring that system. The "New System 1 or 2) that you're seeing in ARC500 is not the same. It's just how ARC500 Alpha Tags new systems you add to the software. Normally when you add a system to ARC500, you click the Add button and it adds a system pre-populated with this information. You need to edit this information and replace it with the information (usually from the RR Database) for you new system.

Hope this helps.

Tracker44

Hello and TNX for the Info.
Its Shelby County, Alabama its a( Project 25 Phase 1.)
I am very new to scanning and using this software. So I am seeing a lot of new Info. This is in the Data base and software.
I didnt know if there was a connection or not between the two Phase 1 or System 1 in the program.

Tracker44

As I mentioned , I am very new to scanning and this software. I really dont know what all this scanner will do .

Tracker44

Is the( New System 1 or 2 )or so on, in the Program important enough to have any thing to do with if the scanner will do what you want it to do ????
Some times I make a few mistakes and I may not have a system numbered right or not in that part of the software.
That Trunk System is not a very big one but it is very close to my location with a heavy population for its size.
It seems that if the frequencies and scan list and Trunked or Conventional is address right in the soft ware , thats all that is really needed ???? Of course there is other little extras you might want also.

RDGDigital

The "New System 1 or 2" is an Alpha Tag name for the system. You can change that to anything you want. If fact you should change it. If that's the Shelby Alabama system you mention above then I'd probably name it something like "ShelbyCounty". The Alpha Tag is what will show on your scanner's screen when it stops on a trunk group for that system. By changing the name you'll be able to see what system you're listening to when you hear traffic on the scanner.

You may have to get creative with the Alpha Tags since I believe the PRO-651 will only display the first 12 characters of the Alpha Tag. That's why I shortened Shelby County to ShelbyCounty to keep it within the 12 character limit.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.