Program Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker44

Hello, I am still quite new to programming a scanner, but I feel like I am getting there.
I seem to be doing ok, but some times I see entries that I did not make.
Just wondering if this is normal.
I am using an ARC500 program into a Radio Shack PRO651 scanner.
When I get the Frequencies entered and Tagged plus a Scan List assigned some of this just seems to be done by the program.
Alarm----None
Mode----AUTO----Not sure what this is ??
Delay----ON-----Not sure what this is ??
Delay Time----20----Not sure what this is ??
Digital AGC----ON-----I thought this is used mostly for Trunking but ok for Conventional.
Audio Boost----I usually do turn this on
If I enter a good size group of (Conventional) Frequencies to my scan set up , after I enter (Freq.-Tag-assign a Scan List- and a color LED, thats usually it, I give the new set up a new name and hit SAVE and thats it.
Start the Down Load.
I only see the additions the next time I turn it on.
Does this seem to be normal ????
TNX---Tracker44

RDGDigital

Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manuals

@Tracker44, you should really get familiar with the Easier To Read Manual for the PRO-651 (link above). All those settings are described starting at...Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manuals.

To answer your question though, yes this is normal. Most of those settings are optional and have a default setting. In brief...

Alarm - You can program an audible alarm to sound when the Scanner stops on a particular TGID.
Mode - The receive modulation for the object. Auto is fine unless you need to force a mode.
Delay - On will have the scanner wait for a reply when traffic stops talking.
Delay Time - How long the scanner will wait for a reply when traffic stops talking. 20 = 2 seconds.
Digital AGC - Audio Gain Control will help to compensate for low user audio levels.
Audio Boost - As you've probably already discovered, it can increase the audio volume.
Hope this helps.

Tracker44

Hello RDGDigital, and TNX a bunch for the information. I have checked that web site out before and that is a very large amount of information there. I really thought that the software seem to be doing some of that on its on, and it is . And thats fine with me.
I thought the web site you mentioned is mostly focused on a scanner instead of software but I can see now that it cover all of it.
That is a great site , I just havent been able spend the time there as I should .
TNX again .-----Tracker44

Status
Not open for further replies.