New User Looking for help with vintage radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I've just signed up and hope to find some direction on what I might do to check some old radios I just got from my mom that belonged to my dad before he passed ways a couple years back.

I used to dabble with CB radios when I was in my teens (our cell phones back in the day), but that was back in the early 90's and haven't touched any since, and don't remember much.

I have a Browning Golden Eagle Mark IV with a 776 Mic (both receiver and transmitter), a Galaxy Saturn Turbo with a Turner +3B mic, an Ameco Allwave Receiver R5A, and a Lafayette HB-115A.

I also have an Para Dynamics SWR power meter & Matcher, a Lafayette SWR Bridge & RF Power Meter 99-25082, a PD6000 Meter, and Bencher YA-1 Low Pass Filter. Oh and a Boomer 6000 power amp (I remember all the neighbors used to complain when my dad kicked it in and messed up their TV's so he only used it late at night).

I don't have any antennas or cable so I know I would need to get some, but I would like to get these set up and see if they still work, and especially with the Browning, I want to make sure I set it up right and don't fry anything.

What would be an inexpensive antenna I could purchase just to use to test them to see if they are working and what procedure for starting them up would you recommend so I don't fry something?

I slightly remember doing meter stuff with SWR meters and such, but it's been so many years I'm just scared to plug them in and key them up.

Thank in advance for all or any help.

Attachments

• Radios.jpg
    Radios.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.