Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blockmade925

So I am running the Livermore, CA Police Feed, with my Uniden Home patrol, when Creating a favorites with the Sintinel, I am adding only the Police TGID, It sounds like I can only hear one dispatcher but they barely talk, and I know Livermore is a big city, and every time I walk by a Police car they are always talking, and sometimes I will see a police car in front of my house and I can hear the dispatcher in the car talking but nothing on my scanner, I bought a 100.00 antenna thinking that could of been the problem but it wasnt just comes in clear now when Dispatcher does talk,

Can this be the problem??-
squelch or range??
if so where do I set them at all the way up or down?? or middle??

TGID 3305 seems like the only one to come in but like I said "not very much talking" and there is a lot going on in Livermore,CA

marksmith

Is there a reason why you just include 3305 when they have 9 talkgroup ID's on the database?

Is it possible they also use talkgroups associated with other locations on this same county-wide system? Being on the same system it would make a lot of sense and explain why you marmot hear much.

Still, somebody must be talking on 9 different talkgroups. Not from the area and it would take some listening to determine.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I believe the OP only included the dispatch talk group to comply with the Feed Providers Terms of Service.

What you were hearing from the cruiser was traffic on a talk group other than routine dispatch. It is not unusual to hear more traffic on the back channels as they are used for lengthy and detailed tactical, car to car, and chit chat type communications.

Blockmade925

Is there a reason why you just include 3305 when they have 9 talkgroup ID's on the database?

Is it possible they also use talkgroups associated with other locations on this same county-wide system? Being on the same system it would make a lot of sense and explain why you marmot hear much.

Still, somebody must be talking on 9 different talkgroups. Not from the area and it would take some listening to determine.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

*** There are 9 other TGID but none of them come in except 3305, I think the Frequency need to be updated, I manually putting in frequencies So for I found one, 774.143750 seems to be coming in alot for TGID 3305

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
*** There are 9 other TGID but none of them come in except 3305, I think the Frequency need to be updated, I manually putting in frequencies So for I found one, 774.143750 seems to be coming in alot for TGID 3305

That is one of the four control channels for site 2. If you don't have all of that site's control channels (red and blue) programmed that is your problem. The data sent over the active control channel is what tells the scanner which frequency to tune to. This is why you are not hearing everything.

Last edited:

Blockmade925

That is one of the four control channels for site 2. If you don't have all of that site's control channels (red and blue) programmed that is your problem. The data sent over the active control channel is what tells the scanner which frequency to tune to. This is why you are not hearing everything.

Ok so let me tell you what Im trying to do so you understand me, Ok so There are 9 different police channels ( TGID ) including Livermore Water plumping and airplane Op, with 10 different frequecies, im trying to find the frequecies to the water and the airplane because I dont want them on my scanner, I can void the TGID and or delete it when making a Favorites list but the frequecies are still there, I dont know what frequecies are what so I created a favorite list for each frequecie including all the TGID, None of them come in except 774.1437650 wich is TGID 3305 Livermore dispatch, None of the other ones come in,

troymail

Silent Key
Are you creating your own programming or doing an import using Sentinel? The import would probably be you best bet.

You may want to go offline for a bit and do some research/search.

According to the RRDB, the system has 8 sites but Livermore is primarily covered by the ALCO East site which uses these frequencies:

769.33125 769.83125 770.36875 771.11875 771.56875 772.01875 772.76875a
773.66875a 774.14375c 774.89375c

You should include all of them in your programming.

Given Livermore is primarily on that 1 site, consider (if imported/programmed) avoiding on deleting the other 7 sites from the programming and run in ID SEARCH mode.

I see the Police investigations is listed as Encrypted. Is it possible that others are also encrypted but not listed as such in the RRDB?

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Here's another possibility -- check to see if all of the POLICE service types are enabled. I just downloaded a copy of HP Sentinel and just like with the BCDx36HP Sentinel, Police Dispatch is enabled but Police (Law) Talk and Tac services (along with many other services) are OFF by default.

Blockmade925

Here's another possibility -- check to see if all of the POLICE service types are enabled. I just downloaded a copy of HP Sentinel and just like with the BCDx36HP Sentinel, Police Dispatch is enabled but Police (Law) Talk and Tac services (along with many other services) are OFF by default.

I only need Police Dispatch and Law Tac On right?? Because all the Livermore Police TGID are Law tac and one Police Dispatch on the home sential, Ok so when I use the full Database Nothing comes in, But when Making my own favorites list, only TGID 3305 Police Dispatch comes in, and that's Frequecy 774.143750.
So I made a favorite list, Only added freq 774.143750 and Only TGID, 3305, Can you tune in on your scanner and see if Livermore Police is working for you? My Home Patrol 1 doesnt show me what Freq is playing when talking it just shows the TGID so I dont know what Freq to keep and delete, There are 13 freq programmed, and when Police talks it stops on TIGID 3305 774.143750 but it scanning through the other 12 freq so the time it hits 774.143750 again I missed the whole conversation, I HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE LOL, But from one everyone is telling me is that is sounds like you need these other freq, even if they never say anything, I programmed each Freq individually keeping all the TGID and nothing comes in except 3305 thats how I know 774.143750 is 3305,

marksmith

You need more than the voice channel. This is a trunked system. All the control or alternate control fequencies need to be there and you might not need the one you see as a voice channel programmed. I would have all of them in for that system. You don't know what frequency will be used for voice channel if it's a trunked system.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Blockmade925

You need more than the voice channel. This is a trunked system. All the control or alternate control fequencies need to be there and you might not need the one you see as a voice channel programmed. I would have all of them in for that system. You don't know what frequency will be used for voice channel if it's a trunked system.

Mark

Ok so I just created a Favorites lives, Added all the TGID and kept all the frequecies,

TGID 3305 Police dsiatch, Is the only one that still comes in, Its exatcly the same from when I only kept frequecie 774.143750 and TGID 3305, There is no difference,

Email me at PerryJayStewart@Icloud.com If its easier

marksmith

If this is a trunked system, then it is not "scanning" through the other frequencies when it is not stopped on a conversation. It is sitting on the control frequency only, waiting for a transmission anywhere on the system in any talkgroup. When a user initiates a call, the system determines what voice channel it will put that user on, and the transmission proceeds. When it's ovet, the scanner goes back to listening to one control frequency for the system again.

What you described is how a conventional frequency and scanner used to work, scanning through all the frequencies until one became active. If there are talkgroups, then you have a trunked system, not a conventional broadcast. It only goes to one of the frequencies if the control frequency tells it to.

Something is wrong with your situation as you describe it though. If you only had one frequency entered and it received something, then it sounds like you only had a voice channel and were not monitoring the system, only the one frequency. In this case it's possible to only hear part of a conversation. Then the control channel puts the reply on another voice channel that you didn't have. I don't understand if this is the case how you are getting a talkgroup ID to display.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.